Sunday, June 14, 2009

Multi Tasking









It looks as though I will have 3 projects going on simultaneously. Today I got 3 bodice slopers done for 3 different dresses. The first one was for the Italian working class dress, the second was for an Eleanor of Toledo style dress and the third one was for a doublet similiar to the blue one Isabella di Cosimo is wearing in her portrait.

Eleanor of Toledo Isabella di Cosimo



















First I took the original Margo Anderson Pattern and traced my size with tracing paper. This way I don't ever cut up the original pattern and I can use and resue the traced patterns over and over thus preserving the originals. I then cut out slopers from muslin. This is what I will use to adjust the fit. My daughter, Heather, is a costume design major at Webster University and will be helping me with fittings. I'm so glad she is home for the summer!!!!






Sloper for the Eleanor of Toledo style dress. This shows the back where the back side lacing is.








Doublet sloper











Sloper for the working class dress.



































No comments: